Medigene AG is a publicly listed (Frankfurt: MDG1, prime standard, TecDAX) biotechnology company headquartered in Martinsried near Munich, Germany. The company is developing highly innovative, complementary treatment platforms to target various types and stages of cancer with candidates in clinical and pre-clinical development. Medigene concentrates on the development of personalized T cell-based immunotherapies.
Medigene’s T-cell-focused immunotherapy platforms have the potential to treat a wide range of cancers in various stages. Our strategy is to advance our proprietary clinical development programs, beginning with the field of hematological malignancies, and to offer further development options, including solid tumors, to selected partners.
Based on our deep science acumen, we aim to further develop and commercialize innovative immunotherapies in areas of high unmet medical need, not only on our own, but also in collaboration with other companies.
- Focus on T-cell-directed immunotherapies
- Proprietary programs in indications with high medical need, beginning with hematological malignancies
- Dendritic cell vaccines (DCs) in ongoing clinical phase I/II trial
- T-cell receptor-modified T cells (TCRs) in late preclinical development
- Over 90 employees with expertise in immunotherapy and pharmaceutical development
- Headquartered in Martinsried near Munich (Germany), with US-office in San Diego, California
- Listed on Frankfurt Stock Exchange: MDG1; ISIN DE000A1X3W00
|1994||Medigene founded as Munich Gene Center spin-off|
|2000||Medigene IPO listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange|
|2001||Medigene acquired US biotechnology company NeuroVir, Inc.|
|2004||Medigene acquired products and technology of Munich Biotech AG|
|2004||Medigene received first market approval for cancer drug Eligard® in Germany|
|2006||Medigene acquired British biotechnology company Avidex Limited|
|2006||Medigene’s product Veregen® became the first FDA approved biopharmaceutical of a German biotech company in the USA|
|2012-14||Medigene made strategic repositioning through sale of Eligard®, EndoTAG® and RhuDex®|
|2014||Medigene focused on future in immuno-oncology by strategic acquisition of Trianta Immunotherapies GmbH (now Medigene Immunotherapies GmbH)|
|2015||Medigene initiated first proprietary DC vaccine clinical trial|
|2016||Medigene’s DC trial entered phase II|
|2016||Medigene announced collaboration on first clinical TCR trial in Germany|
|2016||Medigene signed development partnership to develop and characterize new TCRs for bluebird bio Inc. USA|